Each week, we start off with a recorded video call to share with each other and with you what we are planning to work on:
Meltano versions 1.25.1 is now available, with various UX improvements and bug fixes.
The changelog below also lists new features and other changes introduced in v1.24.1 and v1.25.0, since these were not announced in their own blog posts.
- #1799 Improve date range UX by displaying the date range associated with each attribute in the
<select>(previously the user had to manually check each one-by-one to see if it had an associated date range filter)
- #1843 Update the Google Ads Extractor selected attributes definition to also extract the Ad Network and Device segments for the Ads Performance Reports.
- !1523 Add support for relative date filter definitions to Meltano Filters. That means that filters over dates and times can have a
[+-]N[dmy]format instead of a fixed date. That allows Meltano to generate a date relative to a pivot date provided by in the query definition or
- #1830 Add relative vs. absolute date ranges to date range picker of Report Builder
- #1799 Update “Date Range(s)” button label to account for pluralization
- #1799 Fallback to inline text and only display the date range
<select>if there are two or more date ranges to filter on
- #1799 Update date range picker to initialize at the first attribute with a valid date range
- #1799 Update the Report Builder’s “jump to date range dropdown” buttons (small calendar icon button associated with the left pane’s attribute items) to automatically focus the date range that’s associated
- #1852 Move Pipelines after Connections in navbar
- #1850 Rename Connections tab “Connection” and “Pipeline” buttons to “Edit Connection”, and “View Pipeline”
- #1856 Remove “Custom” data source option from UI
- #1867 Make timeframe table headings more human-friendly
- #1830 Update date ranges calendars with “Today” marker for improved UX
As Meltano continues to iterate towards product-market fit, we decided to remove a part of the codebase that no longer fit our target persona. Meltano previously had a command line tool for managing permissions on a Snowflake data warehouse. This is now a separate Python package managed by the GitLab Data Team: Permifrost.
As a separate package, Permifrost is now installable via pip. It is currently on version 0.1.0 and will continue to be regularly updated and improved as the GitLab Data Team continues to use it.
It is fully open-sourced under an MIT license and we hope the Snowflake community will use and contribute to it. Issues can be made in the main Permifrost project.
Meltano version 1.24.0 is now available, with a new “Explore” dropdown in the navigation bar, and fixes for a handful of bugs.
- #1831 Change main navigation “Reports” to “Explore” and update its nested CTAs to link to a landing page per data source
meltano permissionsfeature now that it has been extracted into https://gitlab.com/gitlab-data/permifrost.
- Updated “Report Builder” page with a header to better communicate what the page is for.
Meltano versions 1.23.2 is now available, with a new chart type and fixes for a handful of bugs.
- #1820 Add Vertical Bar chart type to Report chart options
- #1820 Updated chart type selection as a dropdown for improved UX (ensures the chart icon is adorned with its label)
Meltano version 1.23.0 is now available, with a new Explore page to allow quicker access to bundled reports and dashboards and fixes for a handful of bugs.
- #1601 Add Explore landing pages per data source to act as an aggregate jump-off point to related dashboards, reports, report templates, and more
- #1601 Change “Reports” CTA in each Pipeline and the JobLog modal to link to its corresponding and newly added Explore page
- #1698 Change information architecture to separate Connections and Pipelines into distinct pages
Versions 1.22.0, 1.22.1, and 1.22.2 release a number of new features and bug fixes.
- #1646 Add default Stripe dashboard
- #1759 Add default reports and dashboard for Google Ads data
- #1775 Add default dashboard for GitLab extractor
- #1714 Add support for a
requiredsetting in Models so Analyze can still work with more complex reporting scenarios (Facebook and Google Adwords need this)
- #1780 Add default reports and dashboard for Facebook Ads data
- #1783 Add Shopify extractor as a hidden plugin
- #1499 Add date range selector to Analyze UI (requires a
type=timein each model needing this functionality)
#1777 Update Meltano Analyze to only preselect the first column and aggregate attributes when no attributes have a
- #1796 Update date range and filter changes to trigger autorun if enabled
- #1798 Add OK button to toasts that couldn’t be dismissed previously, to prevent them from getting in the way of modal buttons
- #1803 Ensure SMTP credentials can be set via environment variables
- #1778 Fix missing pipeline date when visiting page directly from URL
- #1809 Fix LogModal padding render issue and
TypeErrorwith proper conditional check prior to dereferencing
- #1810 Fix an issue where Notifications would not be sent when the application used multiple workers
Meltano versions 1.21.1 and 1.21.2 are now available, addressing some issues with the UI and adding information about sharing Dashboards to the Getting Started guide.
- #1740 Add “Sharing Reports and Dashboards” section to Getting Started guide
- #1740 Update Getting Started guide screenshots with up-to-date UI
Each week, we start off with a call to review our product priorities, issues that have been assigned for the week, and discuss the releases that will take place.