# Comma Separated Values (CSV)
Comma Separated Values, better known as spreadsheets, are the swiss army knife of data analysis. Loading data into this format will create .CSV files that can be used with many other tools that are able to import/export this file type.
- Data Warehouse: CSV Files
- Repository: https://github.com/singer-io/target-csv
# Installing from the Meltano UI
From the Meltano UI, you can select this Loader in Step 3 of your pipeline configuration.
Once the loader has installed, a modal will appear with options for selecting the Delimiter and Quotechar you would like Meltano to use when loads your data into CSV format. The most commonly used options are selected by default.
# Installing from the Meltano CLI
- Navigate to your Meltano project in the terminal
- Run the following command:
meltano add loader target-csv
If you are successful, you should see
Added and installed loaders 'target-csv' in your terminal.
# CLI Configuration
If you want to customize your delimiter, quote character, or destination path, open
meltano.yml for your desired project and update the configuration there.
- name: target-csv pip_url: git+https://github.com/singer-io/target-csv.git config: delimiter: "\t" quotechar: "'" destination_path: ""