What happened in the Meltano universe in the last four weeks? Everything is pointing towards the GA launch at the end of July!
Melty loves heavy metal
We know it’s all about connectors! That’s why we’re investing actively into the development of lots of great quality connectors. To make it easier for all of you, we’ve created a system to rate the quality of connectors into gold, silver & bronze.
Check out our Connector Quality Matrix for more information.
TL;DR: Gold is the best; you should use it if a golden connector variant is available. They have the best support & are tested in the field!
What got shipped?
We shipped one SDK release, v.0.28.0. Thanks to Matt Menzenski & AJ for their contribution. Matt also gave a great talk; look at the last section of this newsletter for more!
This SDK release added convenience features like a default Apache 2 license to new taps. It also now automatically validates records against the schema in standard tap tests.
The Cloud CLI is progressing fast! Check out the docs for more details
The CLI already allows has several features, including:
- Managing and listing your deployments
- Viewing the history of executions for your project
- and printing a version of the execution logs
Community & Hub updates
This month we again saw much action on the hub.
- A golden AWS SQS loader by hotgluexyz!
- A golden target-parquet variant.
- The Matatika plugin is now in v.0.9.0 (getting updates almost every two weeks, excellent work!)
- There now is the first Meltano SDK built tap for SaaSOptics
Meltano Related Content
A lot is happening around Meltano on the web. We’re selecting a few pieces here. Be sure to check them out.
- EJOOSTEROP created a one-docker container modern data stack to play around – called Mimodast.
- Matt Menzenski talked about how they managed to unglue themselves at the DoKC Town Hall
- Henning Holgersen wrote an insightful article about how they do data ingestion over at Storebrand.