What has happened in the Meltano universe in the last four weeks? We had much fun with our mapping feature, adding docs and examples everywhere.
We’re deep down in the works for Meltano Cloud, but we still shipped two major releases and a completely new website.
Let’s get to the details.
Cloud: you build pipelines, we keep them running!
Reminder: Sign up for the waitlist now to be among the first to try out Meltano Cloud! Private Beta already started two days ago! And Public Beta is still a month away.
Meltys shiny new home
We’re super excited to share the new branding & messaging for our Meltano website as well as for the Meltano Hub.
This is the culmination of months of hard work by our engineering, marketing, and design teams, so please check it out and let us know what you think (and if you spot any issues)! If you’d like to celebrate with us, spread the word (retweet).
What got shipped?
We shipped two major releases in the past 30 days, one for Meltano and one for the SDK.
We also took some time to get many things around the mappers straightened out. Mappers are your easy solution is to do small transformations on your data before having it land inside your data warehouse.
List of all releases
- Meltano v.2.17.0 makes the interactive configuration easier by adding key arrow navigation and contains a bunch of smaller fixes.
- SDK v.0.22.0 features a lot smaller new features, cookiecutter template improvements, more retries, etc. Check out for instance the docs on custom backoffs to learn more.
- Shipped with many community contributions from @visch, @mkranna, @radbrt, and @flexponsive.
Community & Hub updates
- New docs for inline data mapping are now available.
- Examples of popular use cases for inline data mappings with the default mapper are added to the repository.
- Prratek published a tap for firestore, thanks!
- Matatika added support for new types of configs inside their UI for Meltano.
- Omar added a tap for the Partnerize API to the hub, thank you!
Thank you all for these amazing contributions to the Meltano universe.
Meltano Related Content
A lot is happening around Meltano on the web. We’re selecting a few pieces here. Be sure to check them out if they sound interesting.
- We wrote up the use case of connecting to ANY data source with Meltano.
- Jacek had some serious fun with VR and Meltano.
- Kovid shared his thoughts on why testing data applications is so hard.
- Daniel Walker from Matatika wrote about the matatika plugin & UI for Meltano.