Today, we are excited to release Meltano version 1.40.1, which (among other things) makes
meltano config and the UI automatically store configuration in the most appropriate location (
.env file, or the system database), taking into account whether the project is deployed as read-only using a new
project_readonly setting, and whether the setting is sensitive or environment-specific.
This means that you can now use the UI locally during development to not just add plugins and schedule pipelines, but also manage their configuration just as easily as you would using the CLI, with the exact same effect on your project files.
At the same time, you can now deploy Meltano UI in production and disallow changes to project files that should go through version control, like adding plugins and scheduling pipelines, while still allowing settings to be changed and stored in the system database as long as they are not already set in the environment or
meltano config <plugin> set logging and error handling have also been improved to make it more clear what is happening, and where your settings are being stored.
Excited to try it out?
To upgrade Meltano and your Meltano project to the latest version, navigate to your project directory, activate the appropriate virtual environment, and run
meltano upgrade. This will upgrade the
meltano package and apply any necessary changes to your project.
What else is new?
- #2171 Add better logging and error handling to
- #2154 Add ‘project_readonly’ setting to block changes to containerized project files, but still allow UI and CLI to store configuration in system database
- #2157 Add
ui.analysissetting which can be disabled to hide all functionality related to Analysis from the UI
- #2169 Log warning when pipeline state was found but extractor does not advertise
meltano config <plugin> setwill now automatically store settings in
- #2127 Config stored in
.envcan now be edited in the UI when read-only mode is not enabled
- #2109 Fix bug causing adding extractor with related transform plugin to project in UI to fail when dbt hasn’t yet been installed
- #2170 Restore support for referencing arbitrary env vars defined in
meltano.ymlusing env var expansion
- #2115 Stop
meltanocommands from leaving empty
.meltano/rundirectory behind when run in non-project dir