Today, we are excited to release Meltano version 1.72.0, which:
- lets command shortcuts be defined per plugin and invoked using
meltano invoke <plugin>:<command>, including out-of-box support for the SQLFluff linter (e.g.
meltano invoke sqlfluff:lintto lint dbt models in
transform/models) (thanks Charles Julian Knight!)
- adds out-of-the-box support for the Slack source
- adds out-of-the-box support for the Redshift destination (thanks Ingo Klose!)
- fixes a bug where internal error messages may be reported instead of the target output, in case that a target fails before the tap
Excited to try it out?
To upgrade Meltano and your Meltano project to the latest version, navigate to your project directory, activate the appropriate virtual environment, and run
meltano upgrade. This will upgrade the
meltano package and apply any necessary changes to your project.
What else is new?
The list below (copied from the changelog) covers all of the changes made to Meltano since the release of v1.71.0 on March 23:
- #2560 Add support for shortcut commands to
- #2560 Add support for
sqlfluffutility for linting SQL transforms
- #2613 Add
- #2689 Add documentation for using a custom Python Package Index (PyPi)
- #2426 Add
- #2082 Updated database_uri documentation to show how to target a PostgreSQL schema
- #2526 When target process fails before tap, report target output instead of